Reflexology is a skin-to-skin contact healing technique that many people confuse with other alternative healing methods such foot massage or general massage. Although there may exist similarities between reflexology and several other forms of traditional medicine, there is a considerable difference between them.
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
Many health problems can be associated to nervous and physical tension. Reflexology helps reduce stress and tension, strengthens immune system function, improves blood and lymph circulation, improves assimilation of nutrition and elimination of toxins, and calms the nervous system, thereby helps the body to normalize itself naturally, without adverse side effects, and enhancing the body’s overall health and vitality.
- Relaxation – Reflexology helps the body to relax by opening neural pathways. It helps to put the mind and body at peace.
- Detoxification – it minimizes problems associated with the urinary tract and improves the functionality of the bladder. This, in turn, plays a crucial role in eliminating waste products from the human body.
- Elimination of pain – by releasing tension in the muscles, Reflexology helps in fighting migraines and headaches.
- Improved circulation – Reflexology allows better and improved circulation of the blood and oxygen.
- Healing – it helps the body to enhance and improve its natural healing ability
- Energy boost – it is known to give an energy boost to those who feel weak and fatigued
- Immunity boost – it goes a long way in improving the immune system
- Stress relief – Reflexology is good for relieving stress and anxiety
- Improved nerve endings – it can stimulate nerve endings and in the long run, improve their overall reactivity and functionality
- Relieves cancer side effects – although it does not cure or treat cancer, Reflexology can reduce the severity of chemotherapy and other cancer side effects
- Diseases or chronic conditions – it can lower the severity of several diseases or chronic illness such as sinusitis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, hypertension, and arthritis
- Metabolism – it improves the metabolism of the body
- Pregnancy – Reflexology can help women to minimize the possibility of suffering from post-partum depression
- Improved sense of well-being
- Improve sleep